Monday, January 27, 2014

Grace Thomas

I cam across some interesting information on the internet this weekend.  On the free http://www.trademarkia.com/ information page American Girl had some of the familiar names such as Rebecca Rubin, Isabelle Palmer and Julie Albright. Then I noticed there was a new name that I hadn't seen before. 

Grace Thomas

I can only image that this will be a new character doll.  Looks like the rumors may be right about Marie-Grace and Cecile retiring. My reasoning on this connection is I don't think they would have two dolls with the same name, or would they?  

Since, we already have our new Girl of the Year doll, Isabelle, I am assuming that this is the name of a new historical doll.  I would love to see another historical doll added to the mix.  Hopefully this time her story will actually be entertaining.  

It may also be the name for the Girl of the Year, 2015, but I think it is too early for that.  Isabelle only started showing up on the trademarks in late summer. I absolutely love the name Grace and I am excited to think that it will be associated with a beautiful American Girl doll.  

My guess is that the doll will be from the 1950s, since, everyone has been begging them to do a 1950s doll.  I think she will have brown hair and light eyes, like Molly had.  Archiving Molly had to have something to do with the new girl coming out.  Maybe Molly's time period was too close to the time period they are planning to come out with. 

What are your thoughts on this?  Do you think it will be a new doll, or our they trying to trick us?  What ear do you think she will be from and what will she look like? 

For more trademark information about AG visit http://www.trademarkia.com/company-american-girl-llc-64466-page-1-2

7 comments:

  1. Actually, I think now is the right time for Ag to start thinking about the next GOTY. I mean, they need outfits, a place, a look, books, ect for her, that takes a pretty long time. Plus, the spoilers we get reveal that the GOTY is completely done by October, and her story is finished by March. While this might be the GOTY, it could also be the Molly/Emily replacement doll. Only time will tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the name Grace, as its the name of my elderly aunt I took care of for 25 years, after my parents passed, and if she does have dark hair that will be even more special! I am excited! ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Tara, AG may very well be coming out with a 50s doll, or at least later in the 40s, because when Samantha was retired, I noticed that when Rebecca was introduced, her time period was exactly a decade later, same with
    Caroline, she's 1814 I think and if I'm not mistaken, Kirsten was from 1824, the previous decade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her name will probably not be Grace, sorry. AG gives dolls code names early in the year, and releases their real names later on. I hope this doll has dark hair, and I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Um4eb8SJgw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm exited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete